Noreen Wenjen, NCTM (Nationally Certified Teacher of Music)
Noreen Wenjen, NCTM is President of the California Association of Professional Music Teachers (CAPMT), a leader in business and technology, and author of Two-Year Waitlist: An Entrepreneurial Guide for Music Teachers.
Noreen Wenjen received a BM from UC Santa Barbara in Piano Performance, an Artist Diploma from the American College of Musicians, and the 15-year MTNA National Teaching Certification in 2012 and Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM) Teaching Certification in 2018. Noreen has received top prizes from international piano competitions and is listed in Who's Who Among American Women. Her teachers include Joanna Hodges, Nancy Rohr, Peter Yazbeck, Dr. Stewart Gordon, and Jim McCormick.
Noreen is the President of the California Association of Professional Music Teachers (CAPMT). She also serves on the MTNA AMT Editorial Committee for their national magazine American Music Teacher. She served as the state Membership Secretary for CAPMT and as Piano Auditions/Ensemble Auditions Chair for CAPMT District 3 for almost 20 years. Noreen has been a member of MTAC since 1998 and served as 1st Vice President for the Long Beach Branch for ten years and Community Outreach Chair for the South Bay Branch for four years.
Noreen's experience in marketing with Nissin Foods and MacTemps (now Aquent) has helped her bring her business savvy to her piano studio and www.wenjenpiano.com website. She Recently presented The Business-Minded Piano Teacher: Protection, Prevention, and Development Tips for Your Music Studio and presented Two-year Wait List: How to Build and Maintain a Recession-proof Music Studio at the 2015 MTNA Conference in Las Vegas. She presented three music technology sessions at the 2016 MTAC Convention in Los Angeles (see below).
Noreen has two books that will be published in 2019 and 2020 entitled Two-Year Wait List: An Entrepreneurial Guide for Music Teachers and Zoom, Text, Tweet: Interacting with Today’s Music Students through Videos , Websites and Technology.
She is privileged to-have taught extraordinary students who are blind, deaf, gifted, gifted Profoundly, dyslexic, and-have ADHD. Her students-have received awards in piano competitions and she serves as an adjudicator the MTAC, SYMF, and SCJBF, among other events.
She maintains piano studios and Seal Beach in Torrance, CA and enjoys playing tennis, cooking, and surfing with her family.
Ms. Wenjen has given presentations for the MTNA National Conference, MTAC Irvine Branch, MTAC Long Beach Branch, MTAC South Bay Branch, and 2016 MTAC State Conference.
**UPCOMING** MTNA National Conference, Sunday, March 17, 2019 3:30pm–4:30pm in Room 402 ABC at the Spokane Convention Center
• The Business Minded-Music Teacher: Entrepreneurial and Technology Tips for your Music Studio
MTAC State Conference July 2016, Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel
• Zoom, Text, Tweet! Interacting with Today's Music Students through Videos, Websites and Technology - How to use apps, videos, websites, and technology to communicate with today’s students, reinforce your lessons, and enhance your teaching business July 2, 2016 MTAC State Conference July 2016, Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel
•Small Group Coaching with Noreen Wenjen: Is your studio in need of a technology facelift ? Talk one on one with an expert on how to incorporate the newest technology in your personal teaching studio. MTAC State Conference July 2016, Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel
•Round Table Discussion with Edward Francis, Jeremy Siskind, Deborah How, Noreen Wenjen. MTAC State Conference July 2016, Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel
• Two-year Wait List: How to Build and Maintain a Recession-proof Music Studio (MTNA National Conference 2015 in Las Vegas, NV and MTAC, Irvine Branch)
• The Business-Minded Piano Teacher: Protection, Prevention, and Development Tips for Your Music Studio (MTAC South Bay Branch)
• How To Create a Website for Your Studio (MTAC South Bay Branch)
• The Business of Music (MTAC Long Beach Branch)
• Technology to Increase Communication in Your Music Studio by Noreen Wenjen - Fall 2016 online publication Miroirs/CA.com
• How to Use Video Technology in your Music Studio by Noreen Wenjen - California Music Teacher Volume 38/No. 6/Fall 2016
Ms. Wenjen has served as an adjudicator for over twenty years.
• Southern California Jr. Bach Festival
• MTAC Certificate of Merit
• Southwestern Youth Music Festival
• MTAC Events and Festivals